Terms and Conditions of Use
This Site is owned and operated by The Boston Harbor Investment Management LLC, ("Boston Harbor"). Boston Harbor may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use and availability of any portion of this Site at any time, without notice or liability. Your use of this Site may be monitored by Boston Harbor and used for Boston Harbor's business purposes, without liability.
Limited license and restrictions on use
- Modify, copy, screen capture, distribute, forward, transmit, post, display, perform, reproduce, publish, broadcast, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or exploit any reports, data, information, content, software, RSS and podcast feeds, products, services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from this Site, whether through links or otherwise (collectively, "Materials");
- Redeliver any page, text, image, or Materials on this Site using "framing" or other technology;
- Engage in any conduct that could damage, disable, or overburden (i) this Site, (ii) any Materials or services provided through this Site, or (iii) any systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site, including without limitation, using devices or software that provide repeated automated access to this Site, other than those made generally available by Boston Harbor;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts connected or associated with this Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means of circumventing any access-limiting, user authentication or security device of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site; or
- Modify, copy, obscure, remove, or display Boston Harbor's name, logo, trademarks, text, notices, or images without Boston Harbor's express written permission.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, menacing, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, offensive, blasphemous, libelous, unlawful, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that personally attacks or is derogatory toward Boston Harbor as an entity, Boston Harbor employees, any Boston Harbor products or services, or any Boston Harbor Materials;
- harm minors in any way, including, but not limited to, submitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws, or laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships or obligations;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or proprietary right or any moral right of any party;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any personal information or specific account details about yourself or any person or entity;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws, rules, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, or statutes.
You acknowledge that Boston Harbor and/or its vendors may or may not (but are not under any circumstances obligated to) monitor content, but that Boston Harbor shall have the right in its sole discretion to monitor, post, move, refuse, or remove any content, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, without notice and without liability.
If you have any questions or comments about your Boston Harbor investments or other customer service issues, please click Contact us at the top of any webpage.
Data, information, and content
The Materials on this Site are for information, education, and noncommercial purposes only. Although Boston Harbor may provide data, information, and content relating to investment approaches and opportunities to buy or sell securities and/or mutual funds, you should not construe any such information or other content available through this Site as legal or tax advice. You alone will bear the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any Materials on this Site before making any decisions based on such Materials. In exchange for using such Materials, you agree not to hold Boston Harbor or its third-party information providers liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on the Materials made available to you through this Site. By providing access to other websites, neither Boston Harbor nor any of its affiliates is recommending the purchase or sale of the stock issued by any company, nor are they endorsing services provided by any website's sponsoring organization.
Intellectual Property Rights (General)
All Materials on this Site, whether separate or compiled, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio clips, logos, buttons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, software, icons, html code and xml code, as well as all copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress, and other rights therein, are owned or licensed by Boston Harbor and its third-party information providers, and are protected by United States and international intellectual property laws.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on this Site are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
All Boston Harbor graphics, logos, page headers, and service names are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Boston Harbor. Boston Harbor's trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Boston Harbor's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or investors, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Boston Harbor. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Boston Harbor.
The portfolios referred to herein that are offered by The Boston Harbor Group and track an Standard & Poor’s index are not sponsored, endorsed, or promoted by Standard & Poor’s, and Standard & Poor’s bears no liability with respect to any such funds or securities.
Data and other materials appearing on this Site that are provided by third parties are believed by Boston Harbor to be obtained from reliable sources, but Boston Harbor cannot guarantee and is not responsible for their accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability for use. Boston Harbor is not responsible for, and does not prepare, edit, or endorse, the content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from any website owned or operated by a third party that is linked to this Site via hyperlink. The fact that Boston Harbor has provided a link to a third party's website does not constitute an implicit or explicit endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by Boston Harbor with respect to such website, its owners, providers, or services. You will use any such third-party content at your own risk and you agree that Boston Harbor is not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer by using third-party websites or any content, advertising, products, or other materials in connection therewith.
Timeliness of content
All content on this Site is presented only as of the date published or indicated, and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. In addition, you are responsible for setting the cache settings on your browser to ensure you are receiving the most recent data.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BOSTON HARBOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING SECURITY, CURRENCY, CORRECTNESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, PERFORMANCE, TIMELINESS, OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, WITH RESPECT TO (I) THE SITE; (II) ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (III) USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES; AND (IV) THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES.
FURTHER, BOSTON HARBOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY DELAYS OR ERRORS IN THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY LAW, NEITHER BOSTON HARBOR NOR ITS THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS HAS ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE OR TO SUPPLY CORRECTIONS, UPDATES, OR RELEASES FOR THE SAME.
TO THE EXTENT ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Liability and indemnity
ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
NEITHER BOSTON HARBOR NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, INCOME, PRINCIPAL, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, SYSTEMS FAILURE, OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, OR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, CAUSED BY THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, MATERIALS OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS SITE, EVEN IF BOSTON HARBOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURSIDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT A JURISDICTION DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH HEREIN, THE LIABILITY OF BOSTON HARBOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS.
Integration and severability
Applicable law and venue
Our commitment to you
As a Boston Harbor client, you have entrusted to our care not only your hard-earned money but your personal and financial data as well. We recognize that your relationship with us is based on trust, and that you expect us to act responsibly and in your best interests. Because your personal and financial data are your private information, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in their safekeeping and use.
This means, most importantly, that we do not sell client or prospective client information—whether it is your personal information or the fact that you are or may become a Boston Harbor client—to anyone.
Instead, we use your information primarily to complete transactions that you request or to make you aware of other financial products and services that we may offer.
The information we collect about you
You provide personal information when you complete a Boston Harbor account application. You may also provide personal information when you request literature or a transaction that involves Boston Harbor.
In addition to personal information you provide to us, we may receive information about you that you authorize third parties to provide to us. We also may obtain personal information from third parties in order to verify your identity, to prevent fraud.
Personal information collected from any source may include, among other things, your name and address, Social Security or taxpayer identification number, date of birth, assets, income, account balances, investment activity, and accounts at other institutions. The information we collect about you may be transferred to or stored by Boston Harbor in the United States or elsewhere, as permitted by law.
How we handle your personal information
We do not sell information about current or former clients or their accounts to third parties. Nor do we share information about clients or prospective clients, except when needed to complete transactions at your request or to make you aware of related financial products and services that we offer. Here are the details:
- In order to complete certain transactions or account changes that you direct, it may be necessary to provide identifying information to companies, individuals, or groups that are not affiliated with Boston Harbor. For example, if you ask to transfer assets from another financial institution to Boston Harbor, we will need to provide certain information about you to that company to complete the transaction.
- In certain instances, we may contract with nonaffiliated companies to perform services for us. For example use Schwab, Inc. as the custodian for our clients. Where necessary, we will disclose information we have about you to these third parties. In all such cases, we provide the third party with only the information necessary to carry out its assigned responsibilities, and only for that purpose. And we require these third parties to treat your private information with the same high degree of confidentiality that we do.
- Finally, we will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are compelled by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example, to prevent fraud).
How we protect privacy online
Our concern for the privacy of our shareholders naturally extends to those who use our Personal Investors website, Boston Harbor.com.
- When you visit our website, we may collect, either directly or through third-party service providers, certain technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our website. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues or to resolve technical or service problems, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality and our ability to serve you and your accounts.
How we safeguard your personal information
Within Boston Harbor, we restrict access to information about you to those Boston Harbor employees who need to know the information in order to perform their jobs, such as servicing your accounts or notifying you of new products and services. To protect your personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in keeping with industry standards and practices, and we review and adjust these safeguards regularly in response to advances in technology.
What you can do
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you do not provide your account information, user name, or password to anyone. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
We'll keep you informed